NDP 2020 Road Closures & Padang Field Closure – as of 6 August 2020
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR NDP 2020 – 8 AUGUST (SAT), 9PM TO 9 AUGUST (SUN), 2PM
REVISED CLUB OPERATION HOURS : 9 AUGUST (SUN)
- Please note that the Clubhouse’s operational hours will be revised on 9 August to open at 11.30am.
- Please note that F&B Lalamove deliveries and Drive-through Takeaways are not available from 11am to 2pm on 9 August. Deliveries and Drive-through Takeaways will resume after 2pm.
ROAD CLOSURES : 8 AUGUST (SAT), 9PM TO 9 AUGUST (SUN), 2PM
- Due to the NDP 2020 on 9 August 2020, there will be road closures and limited road access from 8 August 2020 (Saturday), 9pm to 9 August, 2pm.
- On 8 August 2020, 9pm to 11pm, Members driving into SCC may enter only from Fullerton Road (via Esplanade Drive / Collyer Quay) and exit via Fullerton Road during these periods. St Andrews’s Road is closed. There will be no vehicular access from 11pm (Saturday) till 2pm (Sunday).
SCC FOOT ACCESS: 8 AUGUST (SAT), 9PM TO 9 AUGUST (SUN), 2PM
- From Raffles Place > Cavenagh Bridge > Empress Place > Connaught Drive > VCH Security Checkpoint > SCC.
- Nearest MRT station: Raffles Place
- Nearest taxi drop-off point: Fullerton Hotel or 6 Battery Road (formerly the Standard Chartered Bank Building)
- STRICTLY NO FOOT ACCESS around the Padang vicinity (including Esplanade Park)
For more information, please refer to the NDP Important Notes Notice here.
PADANG FIELD CLOSURE
As the 2020 National Day Parade (NDP) is being held at the Padang this year, please be informed that the Padang Field will be placed OUT OF BOUNDS following the NDP structures “tear down” from 10 August 2020.
There will be NO ACCESS to the Padang from or to the Clubhouse Building, Bowling Green, Tennis Courts, Cricket Nets and Multi-Purpose Court,and vice versa, for any reason whatsoever, until further notice.
The Padang field remains strictly OUT OF BOUNDS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Any Member who attempts to access the Padang during this closure period does so in express disregard to the foregoing Club Management directive and at his/her own risk. The Club Management will not be liable for any damage or personal injury sustained in direct breach of this directive.
Heavy traffic by way of heavy goods vehicles and other associated machineries in and out of the Padang from the St. Andrew’s Road area can be expected.
Thank you for your co-operation.
For more information, please contact our Member Services Desk at 6338 9271.