Important Notes for NDP 2020
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR NDP 2020
REVISED CLUB OPERATION HOURS : 9 AUGUST (SUN)
- Please note that the Clubhouse’s operational hours will be revised on 9 August to open at 11.30am.
ROAD CLOSURES : 8 AUGUST (SAT), 9PM TO 9 AUGUST (SUN), 2PM
- Due to the NDP 2020 on 9 August 2020, there will be road closures and limited road access from 8 August 2020 (Saturday), 9pm to 9 August, 2pm.
- On 8 August 2020, 9pm to 11pm, Members driving into SCC may enter only from Fullerton Road (via Esplanade Drive / Collyer Quay) and exit via Fullerton Road during these periods. St Andrews’s Road is closed. There will be no vehicular access from 11pm (Saturday) till 2pm (Sunday).
- Please note that F&B Lalamove deliveries and Drive-through Takeaways are not available from 11am to 2pm on 9 August. Deliveries and Drive-through Takeaways will resume after 2pm.
- Takeaways will still be available to Members coming to the Club via Foot Access. Please have your SCC membership card with you ready at the checkpoints for access.
NO OVERNIGHT PARKING
- Please note that the SCC carpark will be closed from 8 August, 2300hrs (Saturday night) to 9 August, 1400hrs (Sunday afternoon).
- Vehicles are not allowed to be parked ovenight; any vehicles still in the carpark will be towed away by NDP organisers and SPF due to security reasons.
SCC FOOT ACCESS : 8 AUGUST (SAT), 9PM TO 9 AUGUST (SUN), 2PM
- From Raffles Place > Cavenagh Bridge > Empress Place > Connaught Drive > V Security Checkpoint > SCC.
- Nearest MRT station: Raffles Place
- Nearest taxi drop-off point: Fullerton Hotel or 6 Battery Road (formerly the Standard Chartered Bank Building)
- STRICTLY NO FOOT ACCESS around the Padang vicinity (including Esplanade Park).
PROOF OF IDENTITY FOR SCC ACCESS
- SCC Members: Please carry your SCC Membership Card and Photo ID Card with you at all times, and present it to inspection to NDP Security Personnel/ Road Marshals/Police.
- SCC Members must receive your guests at the security gate and accompany them into the Clubhouse.
- Please ensure that you are with your guests at all times in the Clubhouse.
PEDESTRIAN SECURITY SCREENING & BAG CHECK, AND LIST OF PROHIBITED ITEMS
- Please note that Members and guests will be subject to security screenings and bag checks by on-duty police officers and/or army personnel at the VCH security gate. Temperature screening will implemented as well.
- You are prohibited from carrying the following items on your persons or bags:
- Weapon-like Objects (e.g. pocket knives, Swiss Army knives, batons, etc)
- Key Chains/ Accessories shaped like guns/ bullets
- All canned items
- Pepper Spray
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles
- Flammable Items (i.e. fireworks, flares, compressed gases/ bleaching powders) and Corrosive Materials
- Personal Mobility Devices (PMDs)
- Please note that this list is not exhaustive. All prohibited items found will be disposed.
While we strive to provide the most updated information, please note that NDP advisories and SCC Pedestrian Access information are subject to change by NDPOC and Singapore Police Force (SPF). We appeal to all Members to comply with the decisions and any instructions conveyed by NDP Security Personnel/ Road Marshals/Police.
Should you require clarification or further information, please contact the Member Services Desk (MSD) at 6338 9271.
View more information on official NDP Traffic Advisories here.