Poggi Giacomo Giovanni
Tennis Section Committee 2017-18 (from left to right): Rehmat Johal, Poggi Giacomo Giovanni,
Sophie Mougel, Soenke Langhoff, Andrew Hill, Darren Wilson, Vishal Vijay.
The Tennis Section is one of the biggest Sections in the Club with over 500 active Members. The inaugural Premier Tennis Tournament was held in 2011 with participation from players around the region.
Section Training / Nights
Tuesdays: 7pm - 9pm
Men's D (1 court); Men's A/B/C (1 court)
Wednesdays: 7pm - 9pm
Ladies' A (1 court); Men's A/B/B (1 court)
Thursdays: 7pm - 9pm
Fridays Socials: 5pm onwards
Last Friday of every month, 5pm - 10pm: Makan Kechil Friday Socials
- $6 (Member)
- $5 (Guest Fee)
SCC Dress Code:
- The required dress for Tennis shall conform to reasonable standards of propriety and cleanliness. Any colours are permitted as long as the attire is "made for tennis".
- All players are required to adhere to acceptable standards of Tennis attire. For the purposes of this Bye-Law, appropriate Tennis attire comprises of recognised Tennis clothing sold for the purpose of playing Tennis.
- Clothing such as sweat shirts, dress shirts, tee shirts, football shirts, bermudas, jogging shorts, football shorts, board shorts, leggings, bike pants, crop tops, singlets and casual shorts are not considered appropriate Tennis attire.
SCC Court Usage Rules & Regulations:
- Only Tennis Section Members may book the Tennis Courts and the member who books a court must be one of the players.
- All Guests and non-Section Members are subject to a flat fee of S$5.00 per hour to use the courts.
- No Section Member may have more than 1 court booking at any one time. A court booking shall be the rental of 1 court for a period of 1 hour. A group of 2 or more Section Members playing on the same court may book such court for no more than 2 consecutive hours.
- Courts may be booked more than 1 week in advance.
- CANCELLATION - A Section Member who has booked a court and cannot play must inform the Club’s receptionist by noon on the day of play. Failure to do this will result in forfeiture of the booking fee and may result in the Section Member being subject to a discretionary cancellation fee of S$30.00. In addition the Section Member may be barred from using the Club’s tennis facilities for 14 consecutive days.
- The Tennis Section Committee may, at its discretion, waive or reduce either or both penalties.
- A Section Member who is not on the court he/she has booked within 15 minutes of the start time of his booking will be deemed to have forfeited such court. Any Section Member may use the forfeited court thereafter for the remaining time of the booking.
SCC Booking Terms:
- All Guests must be registered by the members at the front desk before play.
- All Guests, Section Members and non-Section Members are subject to these rules and all Guests are subject to the Club’s Rules and Bye-Laws relating to Guests.
- Notwithstanding any of these rules, the Convenor or the Tennis Section Committee may reserve any or all of the courts for Tennis Team or Section activities, or close the courts at their discretion.
To join the section, please register via eServices.