Lawn Bowls is a sport for all ages and abilities. It is a precision sport which combines the dexterity of the mind and body. Mainly considered as a social sport by many, the SCC Bowls Section also participates in many tournaments such as the Annual Triangular Tournament and Interport games.
The Bowls Section trains on a weekly basis on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4.00pm to 9.00pm and on Saturdays and Sundays from 4.00pm to 7.30pm.
- The Green is open to all the bowlers as follows:
- Tuesdays :4.00 pm to 9.00 pm - practices
- Thursdays:4.00 pm to 9.00 pm - practices
- Sundays :4.00 pm to 7.30 pm - practices
- Saturdays :4.00 pm to 9.00 pm - matches
(Note : usually matches are arranged on Saturdays starting at 4.00 pm). Section members are welcome to join in.
- Green fees - None.
- Dress Code:
- Tuesdays, Thursdays & Sundays: mufti (No round necked t-shirts).
- Saturdays : Club or Section t-shirts with white pants or shorts.
- Shoes (all times) : Bowl shoes, flat-soled shoes or flat-soled sandals with back straps only.
- Club bowls sets are available free of charge.
Note: Guest may be permitted to play with proper registration by a Section Member via the SCC Guest Book. Eating and smoking are strictly prohibited on the Green.