Date: 29 Jun 2017 05:07PM
Job ID: Part time/Full time
As our Groundsman, you will be our main support in providing high quality sporting pitches to our members and guests. You take pride in ensuring all sporting pitches on our grounds are well maintained. You work with a high level of professionalism and good groundsmanship.
In support of our growing operational needs, we are seeking enthusiastic individuals to join us as our Groundsman.
Key traits and qualifications:
- Physically fit.
- Ability to undertake manual, strenuous and physically demanding ground work.
- Ability to comply with workplace safety practices and observe workplace safety regulations and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Relevant experience in maintenance of field/sports pitches will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of landscaping methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of mechanical technicalities will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in English language.
- Able to perform shift duties, including working on weekends and public holidays.
- Strong team player with the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- General maintenance of pitches, turfs and grounds at Padang and Dempsey Field.
- Marking out and setting up of pitches for matches and sporting events
- Preparation and management of dedicated specialized sports turfs such as placement of cricket wickets, maintenance of bowling greens, and other synthetic sporting pitches.
- Utilization of mowers and cutters for all necessary grass cutting.
- Keep grass and surrounding plants healthy.
- Painting and maintaining all posts (Rugby, soccer and hockey).
- Able to administer growth regulators and get rid of pests or plant diseases.
- Keeping the fields litter-free.
- Maintain/service all grounds equipment and machinery, with advice on repair or replacement whenever necessary.
- General handyman duties as directed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Annual Wage Supplement
- Performance Bonus
- Stay Fit Incentive
- Hong Bao Incentive
- Transport Service
- Meal Allowance
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Insurance Programme
- Training & Development
- Other attractive in-house incentives
Interested applicants are invited to apply by emailing the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org with a comprehensive resume, including current and expected salaries.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.